Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Cauliflower Soup

  • Cauliflower, cut in florets
  • Broth of choice (up to 1 quart, depending on size of cauliflower
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 2-3 carrots
  • 2-3 TBSP fresh herb of choice (we used a little parsley and some lemon basil--I'm sure regular basil would work really well also)
  • 1-2 cups half and half or cream
  • 3/4 fresh parmesan cheese

Saute the onion and carrots in oil or butter. Cook them until the onions are really soft but not brown. Add the cauliflower and the herbs and cook a few minutes. Add your broth until it comes up just below the level of your veggies and simmer until the cauliflower is cooked, around 12 -15 minutes. Add some cream and blend in a blender, then add salt and pepper and fresh parmesan cheese.

1 Comments:

Blogger Whitney said...

I'm excited to make this one. Zupas has some cauliflower soup that is delicous, I'll bet this one is similar!

July 21, 2008 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home