Thursday, June 12, 2008

Banana Cinnamon Waffles

These are my favorite waffles and I think I am going to make them for Father's Day breakfast this year!


1 cup all-purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup buckwheat flour
¼ cup ground flaxseed
2 tblsp sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ cups milk
3 tlbsp butter, melted
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 large ripe banana, mashed

Combine flours, flaxseed and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
Combine milk, butter, and eggs, stirring with a whisk. Add milk mixture to flour mixture, stirring until blended. Fold in mashed banana. Cook on waffle iron.
I like to heat apricot preserves until thin and then add fresh blueberries for syrup. But you can top them with whatever you like.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home