Fake Cafe Rio Chicken Salad
I wanted to put up a few quick & easy recipes that I've tried recently, but lost the pictures that I took, so here are just the recipes for now.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can pinto beans
1 bag lipton mexican rice
1 bottle italian dressing
cajun seasoning (optional)
Flour tortillas
lettuce, tomato, cheese
Marinate chicken in Italian dressing with Cajun seasoning sprinkled on top for about 4 hours. (I cooked the chicken in a crockpot for a few hours until it was white & shredded easily). Approximately 1/2 hour before eating shred chicken. Then put pinto beans on to cook (until soft) and sprinkle with sea salt for flavor. Start the rice and follow instructions on the bag. Put a tortilla on the skillet and top with cheese and let it melt. When everything is done, pile it on to the tortilla with the lettuce & tomatoes and enjoy. Serve with ranch or your favorite dressing on top.
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can pinto beans
1 bag lipton mexican rice
1 bottle italian dressing
cajun seasoning (optional)
Flour tortillas
lettuce, tomato, cheese
Marinate chicken in Italian dressing with Cajun seasoning sprinkled on top for about 4 hours. (I cooked the chicken in a crockpot for a few hours until it was white & shredded easily). Approximately 1/2 hour before eating shred chicken. Then put pinto beans on to cook (until soft) and sprinkle with sea salt for flavor. Start the rice and follow instructions on the bag. Put a tortilla on the skillet and top with cheese and let it melt. When everything is done, pile it on to the tortilla with the lettuce & tomatoes and enjoy. Serve with ranch or your favorite dressing on top.

3 Comments:
Your recipes look great, I'll get the ingredients next shopping trip!
I DOUBT Dad will like the mac n cheese one, but Rusty thought it was good. :) If you or anyone has any crock pot recipes, feel free to post them. Those are the best where you can just throw everything in and let it cook!
Brendi, thanks for posting these. I've really been wanting to try some new things out. We're gonna have this tonight. It looks so yummy and pretty easy too. Thanks!
Post a Comment
<< Home