Grilled Mediterranean Vegetable Quesedilla
I found this recipe in my Royal Caribbean cookbook, which all of the recipes in this book were actually served on the ship. This was one of the more simple recipes, but very good. I would definitely recommend it! My husband admitted that it is a "chic food" but he still liked it.1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 small white onion, thickly sliced
1 red bell pepper, " "
1 yellow bell pepper, " "
1 green bell pepper, " "
1 small yellow squash, " "
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt & freshly ground pepper
1/4 bunch basil, chopped
1/4 bunch oregano, "
1/4 bunch thyme, "
1/4 bunch parsley, "
3 spinach tortilla wraps
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 c grated manchego cheese
Place oil in a saute' pan, and heat to medium high. Add onion, peppers, squash and garlic, and cook for 10 minutes or until vegies are soft. Do not allow garlic to over brown. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. When cooled, add chopped herbs and blend well.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place a tortilla on a sheet of plastic wrap, sprinkle the mozzarella on half of the tortilla, layer the vegetable mix on top and sprinkle with the manchego. Grease a grill pan and heat to medium high. Fold the tortilla together and place it in the pan, marking each side with grill marks. Place them on a lightly greased sheet pan and heat in oven for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Serve with salsa, guacamole, sour cream or pickled jalapeno peppers.
Another recipe that I tried from this recipe was the "Eggplant Mozzarella Tower", which I really liked so I will post that sometime soon.

3 Comments:
The mozzarella tower sounds very good-kinda chic too :0)
It was really good, but I don't think Rusty was a huge fan of it. If you have the recipe and decide to make it, I would recommend putting the tomato on AFTER the mozzarella because the eggplant was slightly soggy from the tomato juice. Other than that, I really liked it.
We had this for dinner btonight, It was sooooo good. I love the fresh herbs. We just used Mozarella cheese since the Manchego was so expensive and it was still delicious.
Post a Comment
<< Home