Caramel Apples
1/2 cup butter2 cups brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
dash salt
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla
Popsicle sticks
Apples
In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter, add the brown sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in milk. Cook 1-2 minutes longer. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Insert Popsicle sticks in washed and dried apples. Dip each apple into hot caramel mixture, turn to coat. May dip bottom of apples into chopped peanuts, mini m&m's etc. Set on greased waxed paper to cool.

2 Comments:
Oh, I love carmel apples and wanted to find a recipie. I never have luck when I just try to dip apples in the melted "vanilla carmel's"
This does sound great. Maybe I'll make them tommorrow for Halloween.
Post a Comment
<< Home