Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Chicken Pot Pie


This recipe is really fast and easy but tastes so good! I halved the recipe and just used one 9-inch of pastry dough...it was enough to make three individual pies in 8-oz. ramekins which was the perfect amount for us.
Chicken Pot Pie
2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans cream of potato soup
1 (16 oz.) can mixed veggies (I prefer frozen)
2 c. cooked, diced chicken
1/4 c. milk
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/4 t. black pepper
1 c. shredded medium cheddar cheese (optional)
2 (9-inch) frozen deep dish pie crusts
Combine all ingredients (except pie crusts!) Put into one pie crust. Cover with other thawed crust and crimp edges of crusts together. Slit holes in top crust and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minute. Cool for 10 minutes.
*you can find pie crusts in the refrigerated section usually by the biscuits...Pillsbury makes a good one. I've never used the frozen ones.


1 Comments:

Blogger Sherri said...

Our family tried this and really liked it, very easy.

October 26, 2007 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home