Monday, October 01, 2007

Pasta Frittata

This is a pretty easy recipe and I usually have all of the ingredients on-hand. It's really really good. Again, I got it from Rachel Ray mag. :)

Pasta Frittata

7 large eggs
3 ounces mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grape tomatoes--we just use regular
1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves--you may not have fresh basil, but if you do, it really makes it yummy
1/4 cup grate Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1/2 pound of leftover cooked pasta

1. preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper

2.d In a large ovenproof skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Ad the pasta and cook for one minutes. Pour in egg mixture and cook until the edges begin to firm up. Using a wooden spoon, draw the cooked egg edges toward the center of the pan, letting the raw egg run to the perimeter of the pan. Continue until the frittata is almost set but still slightly runny in the center, about four minutes. Transfer to the oven to finish cooking, about ten minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for five minutes.

3. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the edge of the frittata. Cut into wedges and serve hot or at room temp.

3 Comments:

Blogger julie said...

Is this what I had at your house?

October 07, 2007 8:37 PM  
Blogger bren said...

Love pastas! I need to get some more recipes up...

October 08, 2007 10:20 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I tried this last night since Brendi is here and we liked it! The olive oil gives it a really good flavor.

October 23, 2007 7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home