Coconut curry chicken soup
3 cups chicken broth
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 cup chopped onion
1 tsp salt
4 whole cloves
1 Tbls butter
1-1 1/2 Tbls Curry powder
1 1/4 coconut milk
3 Tbls crystallized ginger
1 Tbls chopped mint
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 cups half and half (we use milk)
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
We like to cut up a sweet potato and put it in.
Put all the ingredients, except coconut milk,in the crock pot for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours, when chicken is done shred and put coconut milk in. Cook for another 10 minutes. Serve with rice. Serves about 4 people.
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 cup chopped onion
1 tsp salt
4 whole cloves
1 Tbls butter
1-1 1/2 Tbls Curry powder
1 1/4 coconut milk
3 Tbls crystallized ginger
1 Tbls chopped mint
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 cups half and half (we use milk)
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
We like to cut up a sweet potato and put it in.
Put all the ingredients, except coconut milk,in the crock pot for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours, when chicken is done shred and put coconut milk in. Cook for another 10 minutes. Serve with rice. Serves about 4 people.

5 Comments:
Sounds yummy. Where do you get crystalized ginger and coconut milk?
Julie I've bought coconut milk in regular grocery stores, in the asian isle. I have never bought crystalized ginger before tho. This does sound really good.
ya cocunut milk is by soy sauce in the store. i've never used the crystalized ginger so I don't know what it is. I don't even put the ginger in. I sort of hate the smell and taste of ginger since being pregnant.
Yeah, pregnancy ruined ginger for me too! This looks delicious! I can't wait to try it!
wow, that looks great!
Post a Comment
<< Home