Saturday, February 02, 2008

Humus and Pitas

Humus

2 Cans Chickpeas
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice (maybe a little less)
2/3 Tbls peanut butter
salt
( I used a little parsley and basil)


Mix in a blender. before blending garlic, mince and wait for it to mature.

homemade Pitas
1 cup warm water
1 1/2 tsp dry yeast
2 Tbls oil
3/4 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add remaining ingredients and knead well, adding additional flour as necessary to make a soft dough. Let rest 15 minutes. Divide dough into 6 pieces. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 10-15 minutes. Place dark metal baking sheet or pizza stone in oven for 10 minutes to preheat at 450. Flatten each dough ball with rolling pin to about 1/4 inch thickness. Place on a preheated baking sheet, two at a time, and bake until puffed and lightly browned. Cool

3 Comments:

Blogger bren said...

This is probably a really stupid question but what exactly are chickpeas? I have a recipe that calls for them that I really want to try but don't know where to get them. I'd also like to try this one too. Any help would be great! :)

February 02, 2008 9:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They are also called garbanzo beans. So they are by all the other canned veggies and beans in the grocery store.

February 04, 2008 5:51 AM  
Blogger bren said...

Thanks Tiffany! I love garbanzo beans so Ill definitely have to try this.

February 04, 2008 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home