Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pork chops with Orange sauce

Lately I've been all about the crock pot meals so here are three recipes I've tried recently. 

2 medium sliced yellow squash
2 onions, sliced
6-8 bone-in pork chops
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1 Tb honey mustard
2 Tb cornstarch

Place squash and onions in bottom of 5-6 quart slow cooker.

Sprinkle salt & pepper on pork chops and place on top of vegetables.

In bowl combine broth, marmalade and mustard and spoon over pork chops.

Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.

Transfer pork chops and vegetables to serving plate and cover to keep warm.

For sauce, pour liquid from slow cooker into medium saucepan. Combine about 2 Tb water with cornstarch and add to saucepan.

Heat while stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Serve chops and vegetables with sauce. 

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherri said...

I made this for Father's day, yummy!

June 16, 2008 10:32 AM  
Blogger bren said...

glad you liked it, Rusty really did too.

June 16, 2008 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home