Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ham & Swiss Stromboli


This recipe is not only really good AND easy, but you can pretty much fill it with anything you like. Different kinds of meats, cheeses & vegetables. This one calls for:

1tube (11 oz) refridgerated french bread
6 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
6 green onions, sliced
8 bacon strips, cooked & crumbled (I used 2 and it was plenty)
1-1/2 cups (6 oz) shredded swiss cheese

Unroll dough on a greased baking sheet. Place ham over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle evenly with onions, bacon and cheese. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch seams to seal and tuck ends under. Place seam down on baking sheet. With a sharp knife, cut several 1/4-inch deep slits on top of loaf. Bake at 350 degrees for 26-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before slicing. Serve warm.
*If you have a lot of people you're feeding, I would recommend making two...they tend to go very fast even with only 2 people! :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherri said...

This looks awesome, did you take the picture?

March 15, 2007 2:37 PM  
Blogger bren said...

We both thought it was pretty good, and yeah I took the pic.

March 15, 2007 9:39 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

We tried this, it was really good! Did you roll it out once you took it out of the tube? I didn't too much and it was thicker looking than yours.

March 30, 2007 5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home