Monday, March 05, 2007

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Okay, here's a March recipe for you. I usually make this for St. Patrick's day dinner. Sorry I don't have a picture with the recipe, I havn't made it yet!
Ingredients:
2 c. water
1/4 c. honey
2 TB. dijon mustard, divided
1 med. head cabbage, cut into wedges
3 TB. butter, softened
3 lbs. corned beef brisket
Place brisket and water in crock pot and cook, covered, 2 hours on low heat. Cook brisket slowly so that it remains tender.
After 2 hours, turn brisket over and continue cooking, covered, 3-4 more hours, or until meat is tender. Add water if needed. Remove meat from liquid and place, flat side up, in broiler pan.
Steam cabbage for 15-20 min. When cabbage is tender, remove from heat. Keep covered. Just before serving with brisket, spread 1 TB. dijon mustard and 1 1/2 TB. butter. Combine honey with 1 TB. dijon. Brush 1/2 of mixture over top of brisket and broil 3-4" from heat for 3-4 min.
Serve corned beef w/ cabbage.
Serves 4-6.

5 Comments:

Blogger bren said...

I remember really liking this recipe. I'd like to make it maybe the day after St. Pat's day (Sunday). I just always have trouble having meat turn out right no matter what I do. Do you think it's pretty easy to get right?

March 05, 2007 12:34 PM  
Blogger Jami said...

Yay! I really wanted to make this for St. Patrick's Day. Now I have a recipe for it. I'm excited to try it out. Thanks for posting.

March 05, 2007 12:49 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

This is a pretty easy recipe, Brendi.

March 06, 2007 4:52 PM  
Blogger Jami said...

Made this. It was super good. It's fun and different from what we usually eat.

March 19, 2007 7:57 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Just a tip for anyone who would like to make it next year, I picked a cut of meat that doesn't have alot of fat and I also cooked it a little longer than the recipe says.

March 22, 2007 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home