Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Brocolli Cheese Soup


This is actually Whitney's recipe, but I made it a couple of days ago and I thought it definitely deserved to go on the blog. All of the credit goes to Whitney. Oh, and I didn't get a picture of the soup in a fancy bowl or anything, but I DID get a picture of Trenton eating it, so there ya go. :)

4 c. frozen broccoli flouretts
4 c. chicken broth
1 c. water
1 c. heavy whipping cream
1/2 lb. velveeta cheese
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. butter
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper

Make a roux by melting butter in a large saucepan, stir in onion powder and flour. Heat on medium heat until smooth and bubbly--stirring constantly. Add chicken broth, water, whipping cream and cheese.

Bring soup to a boil, stirring often. Add broccoli and bring to a boil stirring constantly.

Reduce heat to low and simmer 10-15 minutes until broccoli is tender but not too soft.

*note: you could add leftover cooked chicken or rice

Garnish with grated cheese and/or fresh parsley


So, this recipe probably won't win any health contests, but it's really really good, so it's worth it every once and a while.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sherri said...

Wow! A baby that will eat broccoli? Good for you. Sounds like a recipe I want to try.

March 14, 2007 3:13 PM  
Blogger julie said...

Looks like Trenton likes it, I'd better try it!

March 15, 2007 8:04 AM  
Blogger bren said...

I love different kinds of soups. Fortunately Kinlee seems to like broccoli alot too so this will be a good recipe to have.

March 15, 2007 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home