Saturday, March 10, 2007

Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I'm really excited about this blog, everything looks sooo good. I got this recipe from a girl in my ward and we love it!!

8 oz. Uncooked bow tie pasta
1 small yellow squash, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced (1 cup)
1 bell pepper
1/2 lb. Asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch lengths (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 lb. Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
2 tsp Vegetable oil, divided
3/4 C water
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 envelope Lipton Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
1/4 C (1 oz.) grated fresh Parmesan Cheese

1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, slice yellow squash in half lengthwise; cut carrots into 1/4 inch-thick slices. Cut bell pepper into 1/4 inch strips, and asparagus into 1 inch lengths and chicken into 1 inch strips.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a stir-fry skillet over medium heat until hot. Add chicken; stir-fry 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet and transfer to the dish with the cooked pasta. Cover and keep warm.
4. Heat remaining oil in same skillet. Add carrots and bell pepper; stir-fry 2-3 minutes. Add asparagus and squash; stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
5. Whisk water, lemon juice and soup mix in a bowl; add sauce mixture to vegetables. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
6. Add pasta and chicken to skillet; toss to coat.
7. Grate Parmesan cheese over pasta.
8. Serve immediately.

*I was only able to find this particular lipton soup mix at one store so when I go there I buy a couple boxes to have on hand.

5 Comments:

Blogger bren said...

I'm glad you're doing this! I really need some new recipes. This sounds really good- anything with asparagus is good!

March 11, 2007 11:09 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

And anything lemon sounds good, thanks for sharing!

March 11, 2007 12:44 PM  
Blogger Jami said...

Welcome to the blog! This looks so yummy. I'm excited to try it!

March 11, 2007 3:02 PM  
Blogger Jami said...

We ate this for dinner last night, it was SOOO good.

March 15, 2007 11:11 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I made this last night, I liked how it has so many vegetables in it.

May 24, 2007 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home