Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Crust-less Quiche

1. Butter a 10" pie plate or quiche pan.
2. Sprinkle in 4 oz. shressed swiss OR cheddar cheese.
3. Next, sprinkle 7 or 8 crumbled cooked bacon OR chopped cooked ham.
4. Sautee sliced mushrooms, and any other vegetables of your choice such as:
spinach, asparagus (good), zucchini etc. add over the above ingredients.
5. In a blender, 4 unbeaten eggs, 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1/2 cup flour,
2 TB.butter, 1/2 tsp. salt, pepper to taste, and 1 1/2 cups milk. Blend it all
for 1 minute. Pour over the ingredients in pie plate.
6. Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Cheese comes to the top and flour goes to
the bottom!
Let stand 3-4 minutes before cutting. Serves 8.

This is my mother-in-law's recipe. I prefer quiche with crust, but this recipe is really good if you want a quick easy quiche. It can be eaten warm or cold, I like warm best.

3 Comments:

Blogger bren said...

I like Grandma's quiche... I'll have to try it; I didn't realize it was so simple to make & so few ingredients. By the way, i'm making your corned beef & cabbage Sunday!

March 15, 2007 10:01 AM  
Blogger Jami said...

I made this, Super yummy!! I had to cook it almost an hour, is that normal, or did I do something totally wrong?

March 26, 2007 1:49 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Maybe it depends on the altitude...Seems like 35-40 min. was long enough for me, but as long as it was cooked and not burned I guess an hour is okay!

March 26, 2007 2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home