Roasted Tomato and Black Bean Soup
Hi there. Whitney invited me to join this blog about 2 years ago. And I forgot all about it so this is my first post. I got this soup recipe from the Reader's Digest. It is so very good and its supposed to be good for you too. Hope you all enjoy. I've got to get started on some of the delicious looking ones I've been missing for the last few years. Yum!
Ingredients:
7 medium tomatoes, quartered
1 large onion cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
3 garlic cloves, peeled
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
5 cups low-sodium chicken or veggie broth
2 (15.5 oz) cans black beans (preferably low sodium) drained and rinsed
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce (Tabasco) (I didn't use this. I don't keep it on hand, but if you like hot stuff I'm sure its good to add it.)
1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 375. Toss tomatoes, onion, and garlic with oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a large bowl and transfer to a baking sheet. Roast until garlic cloves have softened, edges of onion are browned, and the tomatoes have collapsed, 35 to 40 minute, stirring once after the first 20 minutes.
2) Transfer roasted vegetable mixture to 4 qt sauce pan. Add broth, beans, cumin, chili powder and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce eat, and simmer 10 minutes.
3) Remove from heat and blend until smooth with immersion blender or in batches in a regular blender. Stir in hot sauce. Divide among 4 bowls and garnish with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of cilantro.
Number Of Servings: Recipe says 4 but its more like 6-8.
Ingredients:
7 medium tomatoes, quartered
1 large onion cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
3 garlic cloves, peeled
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
5 cups low-sodium chicken or veggie broth
2 (15.5 oz) cans black beans (preferably low sodium) drained and rinsed
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce (Tabasco) (I didn't use this. I don't keep it on hand, but if you like hot stuff I'm sure its good to add it.)
1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 375. Toss tomatoes, onion, and garlic with oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a large bowl and transfer to a baking sheet. Roast until garlic cloves have softened, edges of onion are browned, and the tomatoes have collapsed, 35 to 40 minute, stirring once after the first 20 minutes.
2) Transfer roasted vegetable mixture to 4 qt sauce pan. Add broth, beans, cumin, chili powder and remaining salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce eat, and simmer 10 minutes.
3) Remove from heat and blend until smooth with immersion blender or in batches in a regular blender. Stir in hot sauce. Divide among 4 bowls and garnish with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of cilantro.
Number Of Servings: Recipe says 4 but its more like 6-8.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home