CHICKEN AND ARTICHOKE CASSEROLE
1 Can chicken broth
1 can artichoke hearts (not marinated)
1/2 c parmesan, asiago or romano cheese grated
1/2 c flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp rosemary
4 chicken breasts cut into small chunks
1/4 c butter
3/4 half and half
2 TB apple juice
Drain artichokes. Arrange chicken in 9 by 12 pan and top with artichokes. Pour melted butter over. Mix flour, salt, pepper, broth and half and half. Cook til thick. Blend in cheese , apple juice and rosemary. Pour over chicken. Bake covered at 325 for 1 or 2 hours until chicken is tender. (sometimes I cook lower temperature for even longer for very tender meat).
This is good over rice or mashed potatoes or even pasta.
1 Can chicken broth
1 can artichoke hearts (not marinated)
1/2 c parmesan, asiago or romano cheese grated
1/2 c flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp rosemary
4 chicken breasts cut into small chunks
1/4 c butter
3/4 half and half
2 TB apple juice
Drain artichokes. Arrange chicken in 9 by 12 pan and top with artichokes. Pour melted butter over. Mix flour, salt, pepper, broth and half and half. Cook til thick. Blend in cheese , apple juice and rosemary. Pour over chicken. Bake covered at 325 for 1 or 2 hours until chicken is tender. (sometimes I cook lower temperature for even longer for very tender meat).
This is good over rice or mashed potatoes or even pasta.

3 Comments:
This sounds so good. I'm going to get the ingredients and make it this week. Should I half the recipe for two?
You could half it or use the rest for lunch the next day.
oh! that sounds great! I love artichokes!
Post a Comment
<< Home