Thursday, February 11, 2010

5 MInute Chocolate Mug Cake

It really works! Pretty cool when you crave chocolate cake but don't want to make a whole cake for one piece. The texture is a little chewy but not bad considering its 5 minutes to make and you cook it in the microwave. Just make sure everything is really well mixed before you cook it.

Ingredients:
4 TBS flour
4 TBS sugar
2 TBS cocoa
1 egg
3 TBS milk
3 TBS oil
3 TBS chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla
1 large microwave safe mug or other small container

Directions:
Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (optional, but I think it would be too dry without them)
and the vanilla, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high). The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but it'll be okay.*
Let cool a little. Tip out of mug if desired.
Serves two easily.

*I wimped out. I didn't trust the idea of the cake rising out of the top so I split the mix between two mugs and cooked them each separately for 3 minutes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

I got this recipe from a friend via email quite a while ago and tried it. I cooked it in the biggest mug we had and it worked all right and while it DID rise over the top, I watched it and it never spilled over. And I would definitely recommend the chocolate chips. Without them, I'm not sure it would have been chocolate-ty enough for me!

February 13, 2010 10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home