Thursday, April 12, 2007

Simply Zucchini Soup

Simply Zucchini Soup

8 small zucchini (about 8 inches each), unpared and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 c. butter
2 10 3/4 oz. cans chicken broth
1 1/4 c. evaporated milk
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
Freshly grated nutmeg to taste
Salt to taste

In medium size stockpot cook zucchini and onion in butter until transparent (no liquid). Puree zucchini and onions in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return to pan and add chicken broth, evaporated milk and pepper. Heat thoroughly; adjust seasonings.

Sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of each serving.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherri said...

This sounds similar to a soup recipe your Mom and I learned to make in our Long Beach ward Relief Society! Sounds good. I just planted zucchini so I'll need more zucchini recipes!

April 13, 2007 6:02 PM  
Blogger thomalee said...

I tried this last night and it was amazing! We enjoyed it with a crusty piece of bread to dip in it.

April 18, 2007 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home