BOULANGE'RE POTATOES

2 1/2 lbs. potatoes, thinly sliced
l large onion, thinly sliced
2 cups hot chicken stock (from can or paste)
1/4 stick of butter (I used about 1/2 this!)
2 Tablespoons fresh parsely, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Thinly slice potatoes and onion.
Spray baking dish, and layer potatoes and onion. As you layer, sprinkle with salt and plenty of pepper between each layer. Pour stock over all and dot with butter.
Bake covered with foil, on middle shelf in oven for 30 minutes, then remove foil and lightly press down on the potatoes to keep them submerged in the stock. Bake for another 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the top golden brown. Serve piping hot.
(This is a recipe from the cooking class I attend, the teacher also put these under the broiler for just a couple minutes to brown and crisp the top. These were a good alternative to au gratin potatoes, they aren't as thick and creamy so I didn't think I'd like them as well, but I liked them better!)

1 Comments:
These sound really good and pretty simple too!
Post a Comment
<< Home