Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Bread Sticks

2 cups warm water
2 T. melted butter
3 T. sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 T. yeast
1/4 cup butter
3 cups flour
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 T. parmesan cheese
sprinkle of garlic salt

Mix the water, sugar, and yeast and let set for 10 minutes. Then beat in the flour (3 cups), salt, and melted butter. Beat until smooth. Knead in 2 1/2 cups flour. Let rise, punch down and spread in large greased cookie sheet. Put on topping (1/4 c. butter & 1/4 c. mayo, parmesan, and garlic salt). Let rise to double and then cut with a pizza cutter just before baking. Bake 350 for 30 minutes.

(This is really easy and makes alot!)

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah!! I need a good breadstick recipe. Mark and I have tried like 5 different recipes and all of them are pretty nasty

January 04, 2007 8:45 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Just remember to cut the bread sticks with the pizza cutter after they've risen, and before baking.

January 04, 2007 4:38 PM  
Blogger bren said...

Are this the recipe you got from Heather's Mom?

January 07, 2007 10:27 AM  
Blogger bren said...

oops i meant to say "is".

January 08, 2007 8:16 PM  
Blogger julie said...

I tryed these tonight. Wow! They are really good. They were a definate hit at our house.

January 13, 2007 5:28 PM  
Blogger julie said...

I didn't tell Ron there was mayo involved tho :).

January 15, 2007 4:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I made these on Sunday. Them were so good. Mark kept going on and on about how good they were.

January 22, 2007 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home