Stir-Fried Beef on Lettuce
Here's a really yummy, healthy recipe I stole from my mom's cookbook while home this last week:
Stir-Fried Beef on Lettuce
1/2 c. reduced sodium soy sauce
1/3 c. white wine or chicken broth
1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak cut into 1/8 in. strips
1 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 lb. fresh sliced mushrooms
2 c. fresh snow peas
4 tsp canola oil divided
4 c. shredded lettuce (I used whole pieces of lettuce, so it was more like a wrap...anyway)
In a small bowl combine soy sauce and wine, reserve 1/4 c. Place beef in resealable plastic bag. Add remaining soy sauce mixture, seal and mix. Refriderate 15 minutes. Place cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir in reserve cornstarch mixture until smooth.
In a nonstick skillet, stir-fry mushrooms and snowpeas in 2 tsp. hot oil 3-4 minutes or until snow peas are crisp and soft. Remove and keep warm. Drain and discard marinade from beef. In same skillet stir fry beef in remaining oil 2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil, cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened and meat is done. Place lettuce on 4 serving plates. Top with beef and vegetable mixture.
YUM!!
Also, I want you to know that I am trying the spinach braid this week and also the soup from Tiff. And Whit, I might just have to go back to the grocery store and make some dips and have a party! :) Anyway, thanks for putting recipes on, let me know if anybody else wants to add anyone to the blog. I think you all should be able to do it from your own blogger account, but I'm not sure. Let me know if you have problems. Let's get more people!
Stir-Fried Beef on Lettuce
1/2 c. reduced sodium soy sauce
1/3 c. white wine or chicken broth
1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak cut into 1/8 in. strips
1 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 lb. fresh sliced mushrooms
2 c. fresh snow peas
4 tsp canola oil divided
4 c. shredded lettuce (I used whole pieces of lettuce, so it was more like a wrap...anyway)
In a small bowl combine soy sauce and wine, reserve 1/4 c. Place beef in resealable plastic bag. Add remaining soy sauce mixture, seal and mix. Refriderate 15 minutes. Place cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir in reserve cornstarch mixture until smooth.
In a nonstick skillet, stir-fry mushrooms and snowpeas in 2 tsp. hot oil 3-4 minutes or until snow peas are crisp and soft. Remove and keep warm. Drain and discard marinade from beef. In same skillet stir fry beef in remaining oil 2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture. Add to skillet. Bring to a boil, cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened and meat is done. Place lettuce on 4 serving plates. Top with beef and vegetable mixture.
YUM!!
Also, I want you to know that I am trying the spinach braid this week and also the soup from Tiff. And Whit, I might just have to go back to the grocery store and make some dips and have a party! :) Anyway, thanks for putting recipes on, let me know if anybody else wants to add anyone to the blog. I think you all should be able to do it from your own blogger account, but I'm not sure. Let me know if you have problems. Let's get more people!

4 Comments:
Jami,
I think I'll have to try this one. I just went to Winco last night and I have all the ingredients...except the meat. I think my Mom might want to add a few recipes.. maybe you've already invited her. Well, good luck with the Spinach Braid- I don't mean to talk it up too much but it's one of my favorites!
This is one of Mark's all time favorite dinners. It is sooooo good!!!
I plan to try this soon!
Tried it and loved it!
Post a Comment
<< Home