Monday, November 20, 2006

Macaroni Cheese Puff

I have another recipe to post today! :) A girl in my ward made this for me once, and I thought it was super good so I tried it last night. Not too hard, and very delicious. Basically a gourmet macaroni and cheese souffle. I wish I would've taken a picture. This blog definitely needs some pictures......

1/2 c elbow macaroni
1 1/2 c milk
6 oz (1/2 package) sharp american cheese slices, torn
3 Tbsp butter
3 egg yolks
1 c soft bread crumbs
1/4 c chopped pimiento
1 Tbsp snipped parlsey (or 1 tsp ground)
1 Tbsp finely chopped onion
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar

In a medium saucepan cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine the milk, cheese and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Remove from heat. In a small bowl beat the egg yolks . Stir about 1/2 c of the hot cheese mixture into the egg yolks. Pour egg mixture back into the saucepan , stirring to combine. Add the drained macaroni, bread crumbs, pimiento, parsley, and onion. Set aside.

Beat egg whites and cram of tartar until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Gently fold into macaroni mixture. Pour mixture into ungreased 1 1/2 quart souffle dish. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 50 minutes. Serve immediately.

2 Comments:

Blogger Whitney said...

ha! did you find the pimentos and where were they because I'd like to try this recipie...

November 20, 2006 9:06 PM  
Blogger Jami said...

sorry for the delayed response . Yes, this is why I needed the pimentos. They were on some obscure isle. I just had to ask somebody. I don't even know what they were by. You should try it, it is YUMMY!

November 30, 2006 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home