Chili Pepper Corn Cream Chowder
2 Tbl butter
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
1 pound frozen corn kernels
12 oz red potatoes, diced
4 cups whole milk
2 Anaheim or poblano chili peppers, seeded and diced
6 oz cream cheese, cubed
2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add corn, potatoes, milk and chili peppers. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat. Add cream cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese has melted.
(This soup seriously has the best flavor ever!! FYI-I just used skim milk and regular potatoes and didn't have chili peppers, it still tasted great.)
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
1 pound frozen corn kernels
12 oz red potatoes, diced
4 cups whole milk
2 Anaheim or poblano chili peppers, seeded and diced
6 oz cream cheese, cubed
2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add corn, potatoes, milk and chili peppers. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover tightly and simmer 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat. Add cream cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese has melted.
(This soup seriously has the best flavor ever!! FYI-I just used skim milk and regular potatoes and didn't have chili peppers, it still tasted great.)

3 Comments:
I'm gonna have to try this one- it sounds really good. I think I'd probably like it without the chili pepper too-just cuz I'm kinda picky right now. I am in need of some new recipes too!
Hey, I just made this tonight! It was SOOO good. I have to say though, two chili peppers would be WAY too many. We made it with one and it was perfect (quite spicy). I seriously loved it! YUM!
I made it with just one pepper too and it was really good! We loved it.
Post a Comment
<< Home