Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Spinach Braid


1 Loaf of Rhodes bread dough, thawed & risen (or use your own bread dough)
8 oz. pkg cream cheese
3 c chopped fresh spinach
1/2 t. basil
1/2 t. rosemary
1 egg
1/2 c parmesan cheese
2 c chopped ham
1 c sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 c chopped onion
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 T butter
1/2 t salt
1/8 t pepper
1 egg, beaten
parmesan cheese, if desired

Spray board with non-stick cooking spray. Roll dough into a 12x18 inch rectangle. With a ruler, gently mark a 4-inch space down the center. Then mark dough into 2-inch strips horizontally. Mix cream cheese, spinach, basil, rosemary, egg, parmesan cheese and ham in bowl. Spead mixture down center of the dough. Saute' mushrooms, onion, garlic, butter, salt and pepper. Spread it on top. Make cuts on side from filling to dough edges. Begin braid by folding top row toward filling. Then fold strips left over right, right over left by pulling last strip and tucking under. Lift braid with both hands and place on sprayed baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.

There are a lot of ingredients but pretty simple to make. I made this 1 1/2 years ago and it was SO good!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Brendi, this sounds sooooo good. I love spinach. Now i think i'm just going to have to make it. :)

December 13, 2006 9:21 AM  
Blogger Jami said...

Thanks Brendi! I'm excited to try it!

December 17, 2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger julie said...

This sounds great. I need to try all these yummy things when things settle down around here.

December 19, 2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

I made this and it was GOOD!!!!

January 07, 2007 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home