Thursday, November 20, 2008

Baked Sweet Potatoes (like Lone Star Steakhouse's)

-sweet potatoes or yams (raw)
-whipped butter (Land-O-Lakes sells some, really, you want "whipped", it's sweeter)
-cinnamon/sugar or brown sugar

1- Scrub potatoes and wrap in tin foil.
2- Bake at 300°F for 6 hours (slow cooker on high also works). You can do it at a higher temperature for less time (like a regular baked potato), but it'll come out hard like a regular baked potato. Make sure to put a pan (or flat sheet of tin foil) on the rack under the rack with the potatoes, because it seems no matter how well I wrap them, they leak.
3- When done, cut open, spread with butter and then with sugar.
We like to peel the skin off and stir the butter and sugar in.
I prefer the brown sugar to the cinnamon/sugar, but Lone Star uses the cinnamon.
I frequently buy just one jumbo sweet potato (since they're usually cheaper) and it's big enough to be the side dish for our whole family.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Sounds YUMMY!! And I just read that whipped butter is healthier for you than margarine and has less fat per TBS of regular butter, so all the more reason to get it!

January 25, 2009 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home